Location: Enschede, Netherlands
Deadline: 4th December 2023
Application website and more details: https://utwentecareers.nl/en/vacancies/1505/phd-position-on-perspectivism-and-disagreement-in-natural-language-processing/
Do you want to work on Natural Language Processing and aspects of fairness and representation in Machine Learning? We are looking for a highly motivated and curious PhD candidate to join the High-tech Business & Entrepreneurship Department (HBE) at the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
– A background in Natural Language Processing;
– A strong interest in ethical and societal aspects of AI;
– You hold, or will shortly acquire, a master’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Information Systems, or a related discipline;
– First experience with user studies is a plus;
– Capable of conducting independent research and willing to develop writing and publication skills;
– Proficient in written and oral English (C1; above IELTS 7 or equivalent);
– A positive team spirit and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented environment.
We encourage high responsibility and independence, while collaborating with colleagues, researchers, other university staff and partners. We follow the terms of employment by the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO). Our offer contains: a full-time 4-year PhD position with a qualifier in the first year; excellent mentorship in a stimulating research environment with excellent facilities; and a personal development program within the Twente Graduate School. It also includes:
– Gross monthly salary of € 2.770 in the first year, increasing each year up to € 3.539 in the fourth year;
– Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
– 29 holidays per year in case of full-time employment;
– A training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision;
– A green campus with free access to sports facilities and an international scientific community;
– A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
– A full status as an employee at the UT, including pension, health care benefits and good secondary conditions are part of our collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
How to apply
Are you interested in being part of our team? Please submit your application before the 4th of December and include:
A cover letter (maximum 2 pages A4), emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications, and motivations to apply for this position;
A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of all courses attended and grades obtained, and, if applicable, a list of publications.
Additional information can be acquired via email from email@example.com.
Applications can be submitted via https://utwentecareers.nl/en/vacancies/1505/phd-position-on-perspectivism-and-disagreement-in-natural-language-processing/